Location: TX - Dallas
The Senior Product Owner organizes, prioritizes and assesses work for our scrum teams. The Senior Product Owner’s responsibilities include gathering feature requests, identifying business domains, determining process-centric epics, authoring right-sized stories that deliver business value, and coordinating sprints/rituals with the Scrum Master. As a senior member of the team, this role excels at mentoring others, driving improvement and efficiency in our agile requirements management whilst keeping a keen eye on detail and quality. The Senior Product Owner identifies and negotiates user needs and works with cross-functional teams to define & prioritize the scope of releases that deliver business value. Ultimately, this position helps to roll-out high-impact products that deliver significant customer value in-line with our company’s vision.
- Works closely with Product Management, Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap & backlog.
- Grooms and prioritizes the product backlog with Product Management.
- Develops user stories and define achievable acceptance criteria.
- Sets sprint goals and defines sprint backlogs with the engineering teams.
- Plans sprint striping and features release milestones working with Program & Product Management.
- Follows progress of work and address detail/information issues during sprints.
- Interprets functional requirements and requests of end-users.
- Refines our agile methodology based on results and feedback.
- Keeps track of industry trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree | Preferred
- Certified Scrum Product Owner | Six Sigma | Preferred
- PMP | Project Management Institute | Preferred
- Minimum Work Experience
- 5+ years of continuous commercial experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management.
- Real-world experience of implementing and executing SCRUM using modern online tools.
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle.
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies.
- Key Skills
- Ability to define testable stories, experience with INVEST and SMART a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decision making ability.
- Work Environment
Job is typically performed in a general office environment.
- Sitting: Remaining in a normal seated position.
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work.
- Hearing: Receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Vision: Clarity of vision at near or far distances.
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN’s Commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At AMN, our diversity, equality, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek diverse perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. We have the opportunity to influence each other, our industry, and our communities by fostering a diverse team with a passion for social justice and equity. We are committed actively engaging in building an organization and society where equality is the norm, equity is achieved, and inclusion is universal so that we may all thrive.
$101,000.00 – $120,000.00
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.