Location: GA - Savannah
The International Recruiter is responsible for identifying highly qualified International candidates for the O’Grady Peyton International (OGPI) program by prescreening clinical experience, National Council's Licensure Examination (NCLEX), and English status and eligibility for US immigration to add high-quality clinicians to the OGPI pipeline ultimately impacting fill rate, revenue and profitability.
- Exceeds individual daily and weekly critical indicator goals to consistently grow the Clinician pipeline consistent with the expectations of the role.
- Plans a prospecting strategy according to market demand weekly using the Salesforce database to contact as many potential candidates as possible, via phone and email, to establish relationships and expand the sales network of qualified International clinicians.
- Updates the databases (Salesforce and ENTREE) in terms of accurate contact information, qualifications, and communications in order to engage candidates for clinical assessment for the OGPI program.
- Qualifies eligible candidates based on NCLEX passed and current English/current Visa screen.
- Consult with Clinicians on the current situations, probing for underlying agenda to measure the Clinician’s commitment.
- Qualify Clinician's likelihood to place in a timely manner according to immigration, licensure, availability, skill set, and potential fit in order to prioritize sales focus and determine for the highest probability of booking.
- Ensures that a contract and a copy of “The Code” is being sent to the Clinician and that the principles of the Code for the Ethical Recruitment of International Clinicians is upheld at all times throughout the recruitment process.
- Articulates plans of action that address Clinician’s career needs by educating on future opportunities, market conditions and realistic timelines in order to engage and demonstrate how OGPI can best meet their long term professional expectations.
- Creates urgency and gains Clinician’s secure commitment throughout entire sales process to enhance profile with accurate and relevant work history, education, skills, and reference information.
- Bachelor's Degree | Preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service/sales or recruiting role.
- Attention to Detail.
- Customer service.
- Production focused.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
At AMN Healthcare, our diversity, equity, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek different perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. AMN Healthcare strives to foster a workplace of belonging where all team members can be their authentic selves, where we can apply our collective skills to innovate solutions that empower the future of care. AMN Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay Rate: $20.25 - $25.25 Hourly
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.