Location: Remote - FL
Software Developer (Python)
Dallas, TX or Remote, US
This role doesn't provide sponsorship.
AMN Healthcare Language Services offers remote access to interpreters for over 300 different languages with 155 million minutes of interpretation delivered in 2021. Customers access the service via iPads, PCs, mobile phones and landline telephones using a combination of applications developed by the AMN Language Services Team and integrations with Telehealth platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
As part of the AMN Language Services team, the Software Engineer is responsible for the backend development and implementation efforts on the Language Services’ applications and platforms. This is a highly collaborative role working to deliver valuable end-to-end solutions. The Software Engineer will consult regularly with the Senior Engineer, peer Engineers, Architects, Business Analysts, and Product Managers involved in the specifying, delivery, and consumption of AMN Language Services offerings. In this hands-on role, you will develop and improve our applications.
Who You Are: As a member of the team, you will be self-directed, hands-on, and able to delve into the specific details of a technical design. Under the mentorship of the technical lead, you will help drive critical implementation initiatives, support strategic and tactical decisions, and set an example for professional decorum and competence across the AMN Language Services Engineering teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software for both cloud-based and data center hosted platforms
- Proactively collaborate across AMN Language Services teams to ensure products are delivered optimally, with high quality and in line with stated requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement exercises to enhance platform performance, stability, and scalability
- Recommend third-party components and solutions as appropriate as part of the core platform
- Keep up to date with software industry trends, healthcare technology services, scheduling software, Android applications, and general Software Engineering best practices
- Chip in to specification documents, development and externally facing technical documentation
- Promote and cultivate industry and company standards for Software Engineering and data security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience in software development, with significant recent experience using Python
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Django REST Framework is a plus
- Experience with WebRTC or other web-based video standards is a plus
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Proven understanding of GitHub and GitHub Actions
- Clear understanding of application development and data security standards
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes
- Problem-solving skills and a curiosity about learning and implementing new technologies
- Ability to work in a self-directed fashion while being resourceful and adaptable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Job is typically performed in a general office environment.
- Sitting: Remaining in a normal seated position.
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work.
- Hearing: Receiving detailed information through verbal communication.
- Vision: Clarity of vision at near or far distances.
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN’s Commitment to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
At AMN, our diversity, equality, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek diverse perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. We have the opportunity to influence each other, our industry, and our communities by fostering a diverse team with a passion for social justice and equity. We are committed actively engaging in building an organization and society where equality is the norm, equity is achieved, and inclusion is universal so that we may all thrive.
Pay Rate: $90,000 - $107,000 Salary
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.