Location: Remote - TX
** This role doesn't provide sponsorship or h1B transfer.
The Senior Database Developer and Data Integration Specialist – Language Services will be crucial in building a modern data pipeline to ingest, process, transform, and model data into the Language Services data lake. This role demands a top-tier professional with expertise in crafting database management systems, data architecture, modeling, and quality. The position requires a combination of SQL Server Management Studio, Pentaho Data Integration Services, SQL Services Integration Services, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, and Snowflake. Suppose you are a data ambitious with a passion for demonstrating technology to unlock the power of data. In that case, we invite you to join our dynamic team and chip into the evolution of our data infrastructure. Your expertise will drive our data-driven initiatives and ensure the Language Services data ecosystem's integrity, efficiency, and scalability.
- Work independently to develop the data warehouse based on the requirements using PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Snowflake, Pentaho Data Integration, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Data Bricks.
- Participate in architecture discussions and design sessions and fully understand the data requirements the Data Architect provides.
- Implement best practices for database performance tuning, indexing, and data partitioning. Conduct regular data maintenance tasks, including data purging and archiving, and ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Develop, implement, and maintain robust ETL processes using tools like Pentaho Data Integration to ensure flawless data integration across various systems.
- Monitor ETL job performance, tackle issues, and optimize workflows for efficiency.
- Use sophisticated SQL skills to build complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers for data analysis and reporting.
- Apply Snowflake features for data warehousing, such as virtual warehouses, clusters, and multi-cluster warehouses, to optimize query performance.
- Collaborate with business analysts to understand reporting requirements and design effective Power BI data models.
- Consistency to coding policies, user documentation, and operational subject area as defined by software development policies.
- Responsible for risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the software, including alignment with AMN Information Security policies and procedures.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Certifications in relevant technologies, such as Snowflake, SQL Server, and Power BI
- 5 years of experience crafting databases and working with development teams throughout the development lifecycle
- 5 years of experience diagnosing, fixing, and resolving database performance issues, including performance tuning and optimization
- Experience developing and solving integrations with SSIS, Azure Data Factory, or Pentaho Data Integration
- Experience working with Snowflake and Databricks
- Experience working with Salesforce.
- Superb communication skills for team leadership, software release documentation, client response, and leadership team updates.
- Share knowledge and skills across the team through mentorship, coaching, and training of junior staff on integration methodologies.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies in data governance and compliance
- Solid grasp of database design principles, data modeling, and normalization
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
At AMN Healthcare, our diversity, equity, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek different perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. AMN Healthcare strives to foster a workplace of belonging where all team members can be their authentic selves, where we can apply our collective skills to innovate solutions that empower the future of care. AMN Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay Rate: $133,500 - $158,500 Salary
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.