Location: Remote - CO
The Program Manager is encouraged to successfully lead one or more sophisticated programs across the organization using our project management framework. The Program Manager is responsible for driving enterprise programs from inception to completion while defining and controlling the scope, schedule, budget and resource needs as well as other project variables. This individual will provide strategic and tactical advice on project and program planning to Senior Executives ensuring this information is in alignment with business goals and strategic initiatives.
- Leads Strategic Business Case Development for the assigned by gathering information from business sponsors, planning a strategic roadmap and shepherding requests through to business case completion and ultimately, governance approval.
- Leads strategic program-level activities with responsibility for multiple, concurrent project teams that develops designs and installs new enterprise applications, IT technical architecture and infrastructure systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Develops and drives strategic implementation of program achieving desired business results.
- Mentors, monitors and challenges Project Managers in a matrixed reporting environment by providing strategic and tactical advice on program / project planning and execution following project management methodology.
- Responsible for developing, leading and controlling the program-level master schedule, scope, budget and prioritization.
- Provides portfolio / project rationalization mentorship based on resource constraints (e.g., financial, time, staff, and skills), business goals and initiatives.
- Provides leadership updates on program health to IT and business leaders via executive communications highlighting key unmitigated risks or issues needing management attention.
- Develops and deploys Program Management Operations communication plans, methods, and tools throughout the organization, including executive steering committees.
- Functions as a senior liaison between IT and the Business Client, and act as the go-to person that represents the entire program from the planning through deployment. Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Leads with minimal direction. Able to think out of the box to creatively solve sophisticated program and project challenges.
- Develops innovate efficiencies to improve Program Management Operations processes across the organization.
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Proven track record to manage large, sophisticated enterprise projects and programs
- Sophisticated understanding of project management principles and methodologies: Waterfall, AGILE.
- Experience leading one or more sophisticated strategic programs
- Proven ability to collaborate with corporate senior leadership, senior technologists and business stakeholders to align business requirements to strategy.
- Strong interpersonal and business relationship skills with ability to influence people at all levels within the organization as well as collaboration with directors, managers, business area subject matter experts, consultants, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including superior presentation skills for all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to produce exceptional executive and operational level documents and presentations without assistance from others.
- Experience with enterprise application migrations as well as with mission critical projects
- Advanced knowledge and technical competence.
- Experience working in a PMO matrixed environment including helping guide and mentor Project Managers.
- Strong Communications and presentations skills, able to speak at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled in preparing reports for upper management regarding status.
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.
Pay Rate: $68,500 - $85,500 Salary
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.