Location: CA - San Diego
The Legal Compliance Specialist is responsible for providing full operational, administrative and compliance focused support to the AMN Corporate Licensing program, specifically Specialty Licensure Compliance functions. The position will ensure AMN’s compliance with various organizational state licensing requirements are maintained. Specialty state licensure types include but are not limited to nursing pool and education specialty licensure. The Legal Compliance Specialist will interface with a wide range of internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains all specialty licensing documentation including spreadsheets, spreadsheet formulas, submissions, license copies, source of truth materials, administrator/supervising nurse lists and internal/external communication.
- Precise tracking of licensure due dates including renewals, mail by dates and other required submissions.
- Maintains an efficient process for gathering internally provided information relative to the licensure submission.
- In a proactive manner completes timely submission of complete and compliant materials to the government licensing agency.
- Maintains subject matter expert understanding of each state’s licensing requirements (disciplines, settings, definition) and the process for a successful renewal or new license.
- Updates and develops processes and documentation to reflect the changing regulatory environment.
- Employs the highest level of organization and attention to detail.
- Monitors and escalates notices of changes in state regulations or related state processes.
- Completes licensure related controls and audit processes to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Maintains awareness of internal business lines by division and entity in order to assess license suitability.
- Maintains a solid understanding AMN entity structures and the corporate docket.
- Supports state licensure surveys/inquiries/investigations.
- Builds and maintains effective professional relationships with licensing contacts through timely professional interactions.
- Employs sound judgement in identification risk and escalates matters when necessary.
- Develop and/or edit PowerPoint presentations and Excel tables/charts with insights and metrics.
- Manage and carry out special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Paralegal Certificate
- At least three years of related administrative, compliance or legal experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience with audio visual and online meeting tools
- Regulatory or licensure experience
- Compliance Certification
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
At AMN Healthcare, our diversity, equity, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek different perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. AMN Healthcare strives to foster a workplace of belonging where all team members can be their authentic selves, where we can apply our collective skills to innovate solutions that empower the future of care. AMN Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay Rate: $29.50 - $34.75 Hourly
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.