Location: TX - Dallas
The Director, Recruitment leads, develops, and oversees daily team operations in support of the Placement Sales department strategy by coaching individual performance, creating an inspired team dynamic to execute production targets and implement strategic initiatives, in alignment and partnership with Nursing Division leadership – in order to grow team performance ultimately impacting fill rate, market share, revenue and profit.
- Track and report industry trends to achieve competitive edge in marketplace, by obtaining competitive intelligence (e.g. market share information) and industry practices in order to implement training and practices that outpace competitors.
- Manage costs and resources according to monthly and quarterly budget and financial outcomes. Exercise a cost-containment approach to increase efficiency and impact gross profit.
- Set individual production targets that align with operations plan in order to drive individual performance.
- Oversee training conducted by Recruitment Managers & Senior Recruiters using train the trainer approach to model best practices by observing and providing coaching in order to continuously improve training delivery.
- Assess department training needs through Recruitment Managers and performance data in order to develop & implement results-based training curriculum that addresses performance gaps.
- Hold team members accountable to develop new skills and increase production through motivation, coaching and the Performance Improvement Plan process in order to build demonstrable confidence and skill.
- Promote a team atmosphere
- Manage division headcount through ongoing performance evaluations (PSP process) according to competency and productivity standards in order to maximize staff production with least expenses.
- Interview internal and external candidates for hiring.
- Facilitate team meetings to cascade strategic updates, process changes and skill development opportunities.
- Partner with team member to discuss career interests and development needs leveraging the IDP process in order to agree upon action steps that support personal, professional and business growth.
- Develop and implement new programs to broaden and diversify candidate database through high production recruitment activity and consistent follow-up.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of specific sourcing and recruitment practices by inspecting processes and quantifying conversion and return on investment in order to determine viability.
- Analyze critical indicators on an ongoing basis so communicate progress towards weekly goals and metrics
- Handle escalated traveler issues by speaking directly with the HP, resolving, diffusing, negotiating in order to retain the HP’s business.
- Formulate, propose and execute ideas and solutions to overcome people, resource and competitive obstacles in order to achieve financial budget/plan leveraging divisional and corporate strategic initiatives.
- Leadership role in assessing, improving and implementing business processes to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives, providing subject matter expertise, relying upon depth of knowledge, system/process.
- Lead large projects across the Nurse Staffing division and Shared Services
- Sponsor large initiatives within Travel Nurse Recruitment department
Education, Certifications & Experience
- High school diploma or GED certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years management experience
- 3 to 5 years sales experience in the service industry and/or recruiting experience
- Effective Communication Skills
- Leadership skills.
Job is typically performed in a general office environment.
- Sitting: Remaining in a normal seated position.
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work.
- Hearing: Receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Vision: Clarity of vision at near or far distances.
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN’s Commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At AMN, our diversity, equality, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek diverse perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. We have the opportunity to influence each other, our industry, and our communities by fostering a diverse team with a passion for social justice and equity. We are committed actively engaging in building an organization and society where equality is the norm, equity is achieved, and inclusion is universal so that we may all thrive.
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.