Location: TX - Dallas
The Director, Portfolio Management Office provides overall leadership for enterprise-wide programs and projects. This position collaborates with executive leadership and stakeholders from both IT and the Business in the areas of prioritization, resourcing, governance, and benefits realization/communication for project portfolios. To accomplish these objectives, the Director will lead the evolution of the PMO from its current state of maturity to the target state through implementation of industry best practices, development of tool sets and processes, broadening the scope of programs captured by the PMO, and aligning with other governance related functions and processes across the organization. Given the current state of AMN’s transformation initiatives, the Director will immediately focus on stabilizing the active project portfolios to ensure that program targets (Scope, Timelines, Budgets and Benefits) are met. Additionally, relationship management, team leadership and people development are essential components of this role.
- Overall accountability for the development, continuous improvement, and implementation of a strategic PMO organization that partners with key stakeholders within IT and the business to enable effective project delivery.
- Ensures the PMO provides consistent and effective financial and performance control over all initiatives, taking ownership of project outcomes and promptly escalating and managing issue resolution.
- Oversees and leads the evolution and performance excellence of the PMO toolset, processes, relationships.
- Monitors and challenges Project Managers, IT Managers and IT Leaders to continually improve the accuracy of their financial forecasts, program/project milestones/schedules and resource planning based on master program/project schedule.
- Ensures portfolio alignment with AMN Healthcare business and Technology strategies.
- Participates in and/or leads the prioritization of potential investments using a business value based governance approach
- Provides portfolio / project rationalization guidance based on resource constraints (e.g., financial, time, staff, and skills), business goals and initiatives.
- Leads, coaches, and motivates a team of project management professionals (Full Time and Consultants) to facilitate their continued growth and development and to ensure the successful delivery of all projects.
- Responsible for daily leadership and management of the PMO, including governance and enterprise capacity planning management. Provides support to PMO team on resolution of issues/escalations.
- Bachelor's Degree | Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification | Project Management Institute (PMI) | Required
- Certified Scrum Professional – Scrum Master | Accredited Agile/Scrum Training Organizations | Preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- 7+ years’ experience leading a technology focused Project Management Office.
- Proven success managing a large portfolio with multiple business stakeholders in a fast-paced, transformative, and dynamic environment.
- Experience facilitating change, including collaboration with executive and senior level stakeholders.
- Skilled at managing interpersonal relations to build rapport inside and outside the immediate project teams.
- Leadership of teams with demonstrated experience in managing operational and capital budgets.
- Experience with different methodologies and frameworks (i.e., PMBOK, Waterfall, Agile, SAFE, etc.).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and business relationship skills with ability to influence people at all levels within the organization as well as collaboration with directors, managers, business area subject matter experts, consultants, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellence in communications and issue escalation/resolution with executive leadership.
- Leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices around governance, risk and compliance.
- Ability to develop and implement industry leading processes and reporting through automation and tool sets and roll out enterprise-wide training and support.
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
At AMN Healthcare, our diversity, equity, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek different perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. AMN Healthcare strives to foster a workplace of belonging where all team members can be their authentic selves, where we can apply our collective skills to innovate solutions that empower the future of care. AMN Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay Rate: $176,500 - $209,500 Salary
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.