Location: Remote - MI
The Director of Solution Design is responsible for partnering with internal divisions to define and document the best practice architecture of our Strategic Talent Solutions (STS) service lines for AMN’s largest enterprise clients. This critical role will oversee integrated service and technology solution architectural activities across Manage Serive Programs (MSP), Vendor Management Services (VMS), Recruitment Process Outsouring (RPO), Language Services, Virtual Care, Workforce Assessment/Optimization, and other AMN operating services in a synchronized manner to maximize the value of our solutions for new and existing clients and AMN. This high-level client-facing role serves as a subject matter expert to engage client key stakeholders to interpret and translate requirements into an AMN workforce solutions that can be configured from a standard set of offerings and will work to ensure implementation of the final solution in a cost effective and efficient manner.
The ideal person for this role serves as a hands-on trusted advisor to the customer, using strong interpersonal skills, functional and/or technical knowledge, contingent/core workforce solutions product knowledge, industry experience, consulting experience, and knowledge of the client’s business to deliver customer ROI. The Director of Solution Design is a strong presenter and facilitator, obtaining customer acceptance by understanding and delivering the right strategic vision, and driving conversations necessary to execute the strategic talent strategies. They are proficient at analyzing issues and obstacles to determine root cause(s), weighing options, choosing appropriate courses of action, and measuring and revising strategy based on results.
This role also interacts with AMN enterprise sales, implementation, program management, technology, and other service delivery teams to understand requirements, analyze information, and design comprehensive solutions with STS. They also show a strong understanding of typical workforce management challenges faced by healthcare systems and common objectives.
- Facilitate (in-person and virtually), document, and deploy solution design tools, techniques and deliverables aimed at generating early client stakeholder engagement, consensus-building, and solution mapping to increase sales velocity and delivery implementation
- Lead the pre-contract ideation, design, definition, and documentation of our STS solutions from the perspective of the customer, focused on overall value to both AMN and our clients
- Partner with leadership and AMN subject matter experts to deliver/adapt client requirements into standard “Master Blueprint” specifications
- Partner with sales and client delivery teams to detail the client’s current needs and processes, identify gaps and opportunities and identify the AMN’s workforce solution that best meets clients’ needs
- Work with sales teams and directly with clients to configure standard solution features and components that meet client requirements. Based on client’s needs, recommend the right Vendor Management Services (VMS )or other supporting technology to support the solution and provide input to configuration and utilization
- Partner with Implementation team to support project management and facilitate standardized solution design process open verbal award.
- Partner with Finance and divisional leadership to identify solution cost/Return on Investment (ROI) inputs including rate structure, value add services to balance solution competitiveness and profitability
- Coordinate with Deal Desk team to ensure that sales processes are followed, and design assets and proposals are responded to with the correct content.
- Manage the solution approval process, balancing compliance and client satisfaction. Support sales team and Deal Desk with proper inputs from Finance, Legal, Risk, industry changes and the operating groups based on client business objectives
- Manage Design Assets to insure standardization, integrity and consistency with to client facing deliverables.
- Supervise and manage solution architect team members as team grows and scale with AMN
- Minimum 6 years of experience with leading large healthcare enterprise workforce solutions development, preferably in sales, implementation, client program operations, and/or workforce technologies
- Knowledge and applicable experience in information architecture, user experience design, systems integration, and project management.
- Proven results leading customer and / or partner success stories for outsourced solutions in healthcare settings.
- Excellent analytical skills and high aptitude with ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to solve client solution mapping and design challenges with a high degree of autonomy.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically in technical writing and functional specification documentation.
- Proficient knowledge of Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Word and SAAS systems (e.g. Salesforce, Smartsheet, etc.)
- General working knowledge of common client 3rd party workforce technology integrations (e.g. Workday, Kronos) to AMN technologies (e.g. Vendor Management Services (VMS)).
- General working knowledge of many of the following business functions and / or concepts; demonstrable willingness and ability to rapidly learn and apply knowledge in these areas:
- Data mapping and modeling to create client facing ROI deliverables
- Workforce management best practices (market-specific and global)
- Multi-site architecture and management (individual facility, regional/national health systems)
- Travel will be required for this position based upon the location and scope of prospects and accounts. Travel may be up to 50%.
- Some, to monitor progress and make ROI recommendations to meet SG&A/EBITDA targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master preferred
- Degree in Business or Healthcare
- Project Management Certification
- 6+ years’ experience in developing best in class Manage Service Programs (MSP) or Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) service and/or technology solutions within the Healthcare Workforce Solutions industry
- Previous experience with Six Sigma or LEAN process methodologies a plus
Pay Rate: $133,000 - $158,000 Salary
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.