Location: TX - Dallas
AMN Healthcare is a $3+ Billion Innovator in Healthcare Workforce Solutions. The Director of DevOps will lead our DevOps team and ensure the efficient delivery of reliable and scalable infrastructure solutions. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in Azure and AWS and proven understanding of infrastructure such as code, edge deployment, Azure Arc or comparable technologies, and Machine Learning Operations.
- Deep experience in Software Engineering, DevOps and leading technical teams is a must!
- Responsible for crafting the AMN DevOps strategy by collaborating with other business partners.
- Capability of building impactful teams, motivating and managing multi-functional teams, and establishing powerful collaborator relationships.
- Hands-on servant leader engaging teams with an exciting technology vision and culture. Ensure focus on the best practices and approaches to drive maximum business value.
- Deep experience in Software Engineering is a must!
- Knowledge and experience with secure cloud infrastructure practices and patterns.
- Experience with cloud provider platform services (non-IaaS resources). Experience in a domain/microservices architecture.
- Establish the AMN DevOps practice ensuring best practices and critical metrics (DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA)) for both centralized and decentralized team models.
- Responsible for Directing a team of approx. 20+ DevOps employees and contractors.
- Proficient at helping teams lead all aspects of Agile processes including backlog development, story development and quality, story point/estimation, etc. all to ensure that overall team member delivery is improved across all teams.
- Drive AMN Standards of Infrastructure as code (IAC) across all products and projects
- Constant improvement of continuous improvement / continuous deployment (CI/CD) workflows, be able to drive AMN towards multiple deployments daily.
- Drive reduction in delivery of defects (quality)
- Strong skills in change and release management
- Proficiency in branching strategy methodologies
- Craft and develop solutions to common requests from the development teams.
- Drive observability standards across the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related field) or equivalent experience.
- Shown experience of 7+years in DevOps, with a minimum of 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Extensive experience with Azure and AWS, including:
- Cloud infrastructure design and management
- Cloud native designs
- API Management
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code, including:
- Terraform, ARM, BICEP
- Ansible, Cloud Formation, Azure DevOps Pipelines, GitHub Actions
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to champion partnership and drive continuous improvement.
- Deep experience using Agile Workflow in Azure DevOps and GitHub
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
At AMN Healthcare, our diversity, equity, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek different perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. AMN Healthcare strives to foster a workplace of belonging where all team members can be their authentic selves, where we can apply our collective skills to innovate solutions that empower the future of care. AMN Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay Rate: $176,500 - $209,500 Salary
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.