Location: CA - San Diego
The Cash Receipts Accountant II role is focused on expanding their knowledge and gaining experience in more sophisticated Cash Application processes. This role is essential to process the checks, EFT/ACH transactions and credit card payments received for Accounts Receivable across all the Depository and Wire Accounts for the AMN Healthcare Companies. Accurately applying and accounting for all cash receipts according to defined internal controls is essential to ensure the open AR Aging balances are accurately reported.
- Accurately processes receipts via the documented system procedures for the Lockbox uploads and manually enters EFT/ACH and Live Check detail for all AR depository accounts. This includes locating the proper remittance advices, resolving designated customer accounts and processing the vital intercompany accounting transfers to properly account for the receipts.
- Processes all Payment Applications (cash application adjustments) submitted by the Client AR Team according to the established daily, weekly and monthly time frames and requested targets.
- Processes all FRATS (AR invoice and payment adjustments) submitted and approved by the Client AR and Billing Teams according to the established weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Works with the MSP AV AP Team to complete the Payment Applications for the Associated Vendors according to our weekly deadlines to assist in meeting the contractual payment terms.
- Assists with the processing of the monthly Small Balance Write-Offs (SBWO) as advised and approved by the Client AR Team.
- Ensures all Debit Memos that are processed for the transfer of Cash Receipts between Customers and across companies and systems are accurately cleared on a weekly and monthly basis to provide accurate Customer Statements and AR Aging Reports on a consistent basis.
- Completes all Cash Receipts Batch documentation and reconciles the data entry totals to the bank deposit to support defined internal audit and SOX Controls, as well as to provide the vital supporting documentation for all accounting entries and transaction research activities.
- Assists with and/or completes the weekly and monthly Cash to Bank and Intercompany reconciliations for Account #14000 vital to ensure that the AR Subledger can be closed accurately and on a timely basis each month.
- Actively supports all month-end close activities, including the timely processing of cash receipts, payment applications, FRATS, Debit Clears and reconciliations according to defined deadlines.
- Assists with special projects and additional accounting tasks and/or account reconciliations to support the Client AR and Corporate Accounting teams.
- Ensures that all Cash Receipts Batches are saved to the proper directories and folders and maintained according to the Cash Team and AMN’s records retention policies.
- Supports cross training and provides backup to all requested processing activities within the Cash Application Team.
- Contributes to a strong Service Oriented Culture (SOC).
- College Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Maintains strong and effective communication skills within the team and cross functional departments
- Responds to all questions, inquiries and data requests in a timely manner.
- Participates in system-related projects and initiatives.
- Experience with identifying process improvements
Preferred Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience handling cash posting, refunds, credit and debit memos, intercompany transfers and all other cash flow operations
- Experience with accounting and system projects
- Experience with month-end close processes
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.2
- Advanced excel experience and ability to manipulate data
Our Core Values
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
At AMN Healthcare, our diversity, equity, and inclusion philosophy is grounded in the belief that we should respect all voices, seek different perspectives, and succeed when we act together as a positive force for all of humanity. AMN Healthcare strives to foster a workplace of belonging where all team members can be their authentic selves, where we can apply our collective skills to innovate solutions that empower the future of care. AMN Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay Rate: $21.00 - $24.75 Hourly
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.